BluePulse, today, released a bunch of new features for its social network.
But why is this social network gaining millions of users when Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc are out there already and are very entrenched?
Because they focused on a smaller niche. Their social network is ONLY for mobile phones.
I love this company and its service.
Want to get up to date on the mobile industry and hear all about BluePulse? You know what to do.
Venture Wire has the facts on BluePulse’s announcement today. Blognation has other details.
Oh, and BluePulse is yet another best-of-breed companies that came from Australia. What are they putting in the water there?
Oh #2: this video, with CEO Ben Keighran, was filmed in YouTube’s original offices. Is this going to turn out to be a “lucky office?” We’ll see.
If you’re a news hound you won’t want to miss what Dave Winer shipped yesterday. It lets you dive into the New York Times by clicking on an outline. Thanks Dave, this is MUCH nicer than even the far flashier, but much more heavyweight “readers” that Microsoft did for the New York Times.
But, the problem is that most people won’t understand this cause it looks too simple.
If you don’t get what Dave is doing, that’s OK. It always takes ME about a year to really get his more disruptive stuff. I thought RSS was too simple when I first saw it too.
Last night Rocky and I went to the Showstoppers shindig at the CTIA show (mobile gadgets and services) that’s in town this week.
Got a few fun videos with my mobile phone. Interesting that out of all the press that was at this event that I was the only one that was using a cell phone to report (that I saw).
Anyway, enjoy these short videos.
1. Winplus’ Yada, phone holder and bluetooth headset for your car’s dashboard. More info on Winplus’ site.
2. Ronn Owens. Famous talk show host on KGO 810 AM (I’ve been listening to him since I was a teenager). Owens will be broadcasting from CTIA tomorrow from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. He’s a real gadget freak.
3. Utterz co-founder. Really cool mobile microblogging service (you can call in audio, or send video). Try Utterz on its new site.
4. Kara Swisher, of the Wall Street Journal, talks to me about what’s cool. She videoed me for her show, too.
5. Whrrl, a new service, shipping today, lets you discover lots of stuff from your local neighborhood and social network.
6. Alan Reiter, who writes a great blog on mobile phones, shows me the phones in his pocket.
Oh, and come back at 10 a.m. where we’ll have a killer CTIA interview with BluePulse’s CEO (a unique social network that’s ONLY for mobile).
Finally, I love the “Pico Projectors” from Microvision. I’d like to see this demoed. Guess I gotta go over to the show.